We are hiring
AOECS Licensing Manager
Interested in working with us? We are looking for a part-time Licensing Manager to support AOECS members promoting our Gluten-Free Trademark. If this feels like it is something for you, take a look at this job description and send us an email as described at the bottom of this page.
About the position
Reports to: AOECS Secretary General (with dotted line to the Technical Working Group)
Based at: home office
Hours: 15hrs per week – days/times to be agreed
Salary: 18k Euros /annum
Status: Employee under Belgium law.
The role: Assisting AOECS Member societies in implementing the organisation’s European Licensing System (ELS) in accordance with all licensing requirements. Ensuring the Crossed Grain trademark is monitored effectively across all AOECS Member countries and renewing European and worldwide trademark registrations as appropriate.
- Managing the Crossed Grain symbol product certification scheme, including international trademark management, ensuring that AOECS Members societies enforce license rules and regulation to their respective licensees.
- Responding appropriately to licensing enquiries from AOECS Member societies, other coeliac organisations and commercial entities.
- Developing and managing an efficient licensing register and reporting systems that ensures transparency and visibility from the respective AOECS Members societies.
- Developing long-lasting and trustworthy relationships with existing Commercial Partners; identifying new business opportunities and develop relationships with new Commercial
Partners to maximise opportunity and income.
- Working with the Secretary General and rest of the team to research and implement new initiatives to generate efficiency and income growth.
- Working with team on a variety of projects to secure objectives and strategic aims of the AOECS
- Providing technical expertise around the certification scheme both internally and externally to support its implementation and development. Supporting relationships with some European and international partners may be required.
- Managing and maintaining accurate data about licensing activity, including in AOECS website.
- Trademark monitoring:
- challenging unauthorised use of the Crossed Grain symbol through email and mail communications,
- managing and informing AOECS Secretariat of trademark infringements, application attempts within AOECS territory. This may include keeping opposition deadlines, initiating legal action using AOECS trademark lawyers.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Drive for results. Innovative.
- Ability to build relationships and rapport.
- Skilled and experience in account management.
- Analytical and numerate with necessary skills to produce, monitor and interpret licensing activity information and reports.
How to apply
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Motivation Letter to [email protected]Email us here
Photo: "Office Chair" by Carbonmade Flickr is licensed under CC BY 2.0