Research & Innovation
for coeliac disease
Call for papers
AOECS is calling for scientific papers on research and innovations concerning coeliac disease. Approved abstracts will be printed and presented as scientific posters at the AOECS General Assembly in Athens on November 2 - 5, 2023. The scientific posters may also be published on this website.
The participants visiting the General Assembly are influential members of National Coeliac societies from all over the world, experts on coeliac disease, journalists and food business operators from the gluten-free commercial sector. Usually, the General Assembly attracts over a hundred participants from all over the world.
If the author(s) wish to attend the General Assembly in person (at their own cost), please contact us for more details.Closed for submittance
Who can participate in this call for posters
- National Coeliac Societies who are members of AOECS.
- All research groups conducting or wishing to conduct basic or applied research related to coeliac disease are eligible, provided that they have a recommendation letter from at least one National Coeliac Society.
- Original research.
- Literature review/meta-analysis.
- Clinical case report.
- Demographic or observational study.
- Project from the National Coeliac Society or their contribution in research.
- Non-profit organisation managing initiative.
- Social research from National Coeliac Societies regarding their local activity.
- The poster must capture the key messages of research or an innovation conducted following a scientific method.
- Ideally, research should have been conducted during the last three years and not be older than five years.
- The author(s) will notify any conflict of interest.
- The work must be written in English.
- The poster should be readable when printed in A1 size and high resolution. AOECS will provide the authors with a poster template to be used after the abstract has been approved.
The submittance window is now closed for this round. Please register for our newsletter if you wish to know about the next time we call for papers.
A joint Evaluation Committee of seven experts (professors, researchers, specialists, doctors, and other health professionals) from partner organisations will evaluate and approve the submitted abstracts.
- Relevance and originality
- Methodology and scientific quality
- Synthesis and clarity
- Practical recommendations for coeliac societies
- Presentation and defence of the work (e.g., by video conference)